Given first right to healthcare wife divorced military –
Right care and unemployed children of military, children studying until the 26th year of age and unmarried daughters and sisters over 40 years
Increased protection to members of the families of military of the Armed Forces and the Coast Guard provides a Presidential Decree filed for legislative drafting processed in E Department of the State Council.
In particular, the Deputy Minister of National Defence Fofi Gennimata submitted to the CoE draft Presidential Decree on the “healthcare military of the Armed Forces and the Coast Guard and members of their families.”
According to the decree entitled to healthcare:
· The husband or wife if they are not insured in another fund or Agency, including those who are separated,
· Children (original, out of wedlock and adoptive) military until reaching 18 years of age,
· Children (original, out of wedlock and adoptive) until they are 24 years of age if they are unemployed,
· Children (original, out of wedlock and adoptive) until the completion of the 26th year of age if studying in higher and highest Schools in Greece or abroad, as well as if studying in accredited Vocational Training Institutes (IEK)
· Children (original, out of wedlock and adoptive) if disability 67% and above, whether working or not,
· Children (original, out of wedlock and adoptive) suffering from Mediterranean, Sickle cell anemia and Mikrodrepanokyttariki if occasionally employed and not permanently
; Parents (natural or adoptive) if their annual income does not exceed the annual total of less than OGA retirement pension are not entitled to insurance to another insurer,
· Siblings military, who have a disability over 67% and is not entitled to health care by insurance, but their annual income does not exceed the annual total of less than OGA retirement pension,
· The unmarried daughters and sisters of the military, which is over 40 years since they have no right of another body care,
Specified in the draft order, that the husband divorced or her husband divorced can be locked if: a) the marriage was dissolved irrevocably after the 40th birthday, b) there are at least five years from the marriage until the filing of the divorce, c) does not have insurance (directly or indirectly) to another insurer, d) pay insurance contribution equal to 5% of their total regular official monthly salary and e) requests within a year of the divorce.